from a distance

photos by thom/winnipeg.

i missed a friends birthday party in winnipeg this last weekend.
but people i love fill the photos thom took, and his descriptions of the food and music almost make me feel as if i was there. christie carried three tiers of lemon cupcakes down an icy street from the car. thom wore a bow tie that he got in his stocking this year.

thom's photos are like seeing my life from a distance, the faces and expressions and details are so intimate to me. these familiar bits, from a distance, are sharper, and their beauty, which although clear up close, is reaffirmed again and again.

10 comments:

  1. What a glamorous dinner party! The photos make me feel like I'm spying on my parents from the stairway after being sent to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm dying to know if lucy's birthday pic's turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we missed you at the party! did you get my email about the dance? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how everyone you know is so dapper! Soon some of them will be here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the whole style you and your friends carry.it belongs to it's own genre...
    beautiful top photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. we missed you! it was a great party. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like the perfect winter gathering.

    i love the metallic headband in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girl in the first photo is beautiful. How exciting to read you are studying in Georgia at the moment! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard missing out...but I"m glad you had thom to capture some of the missed moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. quelle jolie fête ce devait être!

    ReplyDelete