Thanksgiving weekend. Gratitude felt anew this year, even though much was the same. We spent time with our families, we ate together till we were full. We expressed our gratitude in the form of lists and conversations and prayers. We observed the swinging of temperature and wind and weather. But something changed the colour of it all. 

        At night, we lay awake talking about what we will name him. Or her. In the morning, we put our hands over my stomach to feel his kicks. He reacts to our touch now, to noises, to the change in temperature when I climb into the bath. This stirs emotions in me that are both calm and furious.  In my mind, my heart is turning into a large wild animal. They say touch is the oldest and most urgent of the senses. Is it still called touch, when it is felt internally?  We are becoming parents. How to be properly thankful this gift, will remain a mystery.



this small song.



xxx

16 comments:

  1. love all the creatures in this post. thanks for sharing.

    blessings to you and your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving! What an exciting time for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgiving.
    I really would like a moment like that in France.
    This post touch me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of your photos. I'm captivated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that song is my absolute favourite, n.




    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photos warm my heart, love the card playing picture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots. They smell Thanksgiving :)

    Corina

    www.cocorrina.com

    Win a Black & Gold statement necklace from my shop // GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is my favourite. i know that blogs cannot depict true reality, however your photos make me long for a life true like yours.
    I hope you do not find this strange but i would like to send a petit cadeaux for your new family addition.
    A petit livre de Paris pour un(e) canadien(ne).
    If you are happy to give your address, my email is mlle.emma@hotmail.com

    Emma :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma,

      You are so generous. I am very happy to give you my address. I will email you.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely lovely--words, images, song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful.
    www.espressojoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I love the second one, especially.
    And I adore The Lumineers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is everything I hope my blog will grow up to be. It is quietly lovely. Your writing and photos are beautiful! May I ask what kind of camera you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, you are so sweet. yes, no trouble; a pentax k1000 film camera. :)

      Delete