this weekend we ate on our little bbq three times:
1) apples and sausage and avocado grilled in buns with best friends by the river
2) pizza with eggplant and caramelized onions and blue cheese in the park across the bridge
3) fried figs and eggs and toast on the beach before the world woke

eating breakfast cooked by my favourite person, flavoured with charcoal, before slipping between the waves, the beach to ourselves, filled me with a brand new joy.

tomorrow we fly to toronto,
for a mini holiday, and to share a meal with these inspiring folks.

happy middle july.

14 comments:

  1. i love the play of sunlight on these photos.
    isn't a lonely beach the best place in the world?

    fusee-de-poche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! they make me dream and give me the urge to jump inside them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip to Toronto!

    And beautiful photographs, you can just feel the summer sun and joy in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heartbroken that I am missing the Kinfolk dinner just by a few days.

    Enjoy! et bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds incredible. And really makes me want BBQ now. Yum!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi nikaela,
    your photos are so gorgeous. i was wondering what kind of film camera do you use. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. odessa: sorry for not responding earlier: I use a pentax k1000 film camera. :)
      hope this is helpful!

      Delete
  7. Nikaela! SO happy to have met you, and shared a wonderful day with you at the cottage! You and Thom are such a warm, friendly pair and I loved swapping stories of life with you! I look forward to a trip some day to Winnipeg to visit your little family! Your blog is SO very lovely, by the way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh BBQ. I love a good bbq and it looks like you do to. Hope you have a wonderful time in Toronto. Thanks for sharing, the pictures are truly beautiful.

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just makes me feel calm and happy for some reason. Those meals sound divine..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Would Love for you to take my grad photos you find the beauty in every photograph

    ReplyDelete