God's hands


"a dried honeycomb, an empty hornets nest."

Getting film developed always makes my heart flutter.
but sometimes, rarely, it also makes me sad.
I do, i think, take photographs partly to try to stop time - save moments like I saved shells and driftwood in my treasure boxes when i was little. makes my knees weak when i think that I've lost them all and I have left is the photograph.

---

two posts on the kinfolk journal about wonderful Charleston places
we were lucky enough to visit on our little trip.

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Yes, that is what photography is about, preserving moments as best as we can. Lovely photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hear you.

    I refer to the many, many, MANY images I am collecting of Willa - and of our life - as our 'tiny pauses'. It never ceases to amaze me how fast time is moving.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Hil is a MAJOR fox in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! the second picture is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really understand what you mean about sensing the loss of time by looking at a photograph. i feel that often. but then on the flip side, when you've completely forgotten about a moment, a photograph can bring you back there.

    it's in that in-between space where photos are hard.

    these are lovely and i love imagining what that top photo is.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i second jill: hil is a major fox. period.

      Delete
  7. I love photographs so much for that reason...they transport you back to everything you were feeling at that moment, and even moments that you weren't a part of, you can somehow feel a part of that person's experience.

    http://atallshipandastar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete